NSRI — Gordons Bay
NSRI Consulting Engineer:
Scope of Work
- Reconstruct insitu, the existing column foundations for the sea rescue base to contain the bursting reinforcement.
- The solution was to provide a PFA rich, reinforced concrete sleeve to uphold the structure and prevent further corrosion.
- New galvanised I-beams were needed to carry the failing structure.
- Starter bars were drilled and anchored into the existing mass concrete bases.
- 10mm polysulphide was used between old and new concrete.
- Concrete was shuttered and tremmied to depths of 3.5m below MSL.
Elands Bay — Construction of concrete boatramp and breakwater
Construction of 700m3
concrete breakwater and slipway