RAMP Project — Hout Bay
Deptartment of Public Works Consulting Engineer:
Scope of Work
- Repair and reconstruction of slipways, cradles and side slips and the derrik crane at Houtbay harbour.
- Rails above and underwater were be removed and replaced.
- Cradles, crane and side slips were dismantled, gritblasted, galvanized and jacked, then reassembled and re-commissioned.
- All winches, motors, gearboxes and electrical systems were completely overhauled.
- The entire operation was logistically planned as to ensure that at least one of the slipway installations remained operational at any given time during the contract period.
Kommetjie — Reconstruction of Concrete Slipway Witsands